Knowledge is Power: Child Sexual Abuse Prevention Program Middle School Outline Safe Relationships Component
When someone asks you out remember 3 tips:
- Has he or she done anything that bothers you?
- Are your friends warning you about them?
- Are your friends or your family concerned about your safety if you go out with this person?
*** Always know the person before saying “yes” to hanging out with them.
When hanging out with friends:
*** Double-dating with friends, or hanging out in a group of friends is the safest way to hang out.
- Coffee shop
- Bowling Alley
- A park
- Movie Theatre
- Always tell a parent or another adult where you are going and approximately what time you will be home.
- Have your cell phone or enough money to make a phone call home in case of an emergency.
- If you become uncomfortable for any reason DO NOT ignore it!!
- Know where phones and exist doors are, in case you need to use them.
*** TRUST yourself, you will know when a situation is wrong do not be afraid to get out of the situation as fast as possible. Always have someone to call if you need help.