Toy / Refreshment Drive
The Gingerbread House provides a stuffed animal, toy, and book to each child following the initial forensic interview. The Gingerbread House also provides soft drinks, water, individually packaged fruit juices, and “Little Debbie”–type snacks for victims and their families. These items help to lift the spirits of young children who have experienced the trauma of sexual or severe physical abuse.
- soft drinks, juice boxes, and bottled water
- individually-wrapped snacks
- office supplies
Forensic Interview Rooms
Due to our case load, we use approximately 120 DVD-R’s per month (2 DVD-R’s per child). Sketch pads and washable markers are used during interviews for the family drawings.
- Standard grade DVD-R’s (new, unwrapped)
- 18 x 12” art sketch pads & color
- washable markers (medium-thick point)
- black Sharpies (fine point)
- Play Dough
Play Therapy Rooms
- tempera paints & medium size paintbrushes
- child-size and teen size vinyl aprons
- art easel drawing paper
- construction paper
- kids blunt point scissors
- stickers & other rewards for ages 2-14
- ink pens
- art supplies & craft kits
Family Advocacy Program
- school supplies (especially supplies for elementary school grades; current list available by calling the Gingerbread House)
- school uniforms (especially khaki pants and shorts for both boys and girls)
- coloring books
- small toys
- copy paper
- file folders
- file labels
- 9×12” gum & clasp sealed manila envelopes
- fine point black Sharpies
- blue roller ink pens
- rubber bands, paper clips, standard staples
- postage stamps
- paper towels
- paper plates, spoons, forks, knives
Persons interested in helping the Gingerbread House can also make financial donations.
The Gingerbread House is a community-based 501 (c)(3) organization.
Donations to the Gingerbread House are tax-deductible as allowed by law.
By providing items on our Needs List, you are ultimately helping the over 500 children we serve each year at the Gingerbread House. Thank you!